Today's all about passing on the blogger love.
Kelly over at Between the Bookends (see her link below) and all her awesomeness, passed on two blog awards to me last week. Along with passing them on, I'm opening my closet and exposing a few bones to my faithful followers, and those who happen by The Trail. So get out your hiking stick and let's take a stroll down the dirt path. Promise, even if your shocked, you'll still follow me?
The rules for the Kreativ Award are share ten things about myself and pass it on to six bloggers. For the Versatile one I'm to share seven things about myself and pass it on to fifteen bloggers. As did the Fabulous Kelly at Between the Bookends , whom awarded me BOTH blog awards, I'm following her lead. I will combine the two awards and give away both to several well-deserving bloggers, shaking up the rules.
Yeah, I'm kinda rebellious like that.
Here's the bones:
1. In the 3rd grade (maybe the 4th), I refused to turn in the school library's copy of Ribsy by Beverly Cleary. I pretended (lied) to lose it, therefore my parents had to pay for it, so that I could keep it forever under my mattress. Reading it over and over. Until now, where it happily sits upon my bookshelf. Do I feel a ping of guilt every time I look at it. I should, but I don't (okay, maybe a fraction of a ping for the librarian whom showed me the book in the first place). No, when I look at the beautiful (mustard) tattered cover, I see a young girl, a great book, and a coveted piece of literature that changed the girl's life, forever. Yup, that's the very same copy. I even wrote my first name in the book on the inside of the front cover. Back then, Henry Huggins and I were BFFs. He just had no idea.
2. My left nostril is pierced with a tiny diamond stud. Did it cause WWIII with the in-laws? Yeah. Did I do it anyways? Yeah. I'm like a Honey Badger and just don't give a crap. It's my nose. I'm a yoga instructor. Yoga was born in India over 5,000 years ago. Females in India are known to pierce the left nostril. The left side of the body represents the feminine side. My nose piercing is a small symbol of Hatha Yoga, in which I've been trained. Besides, my husband thinks its cute. ~Namaste'
The next one, my husband says I shouldn't tell you, because you may not like me anymore or think I'm just plain nuts.
3. I've been haunted, followed, harassed, and stalked by a ghost. A real, live (dead) ghost. He, a young Native American spirit, clung to me while attending a ghost hunt. No joke. He was felt and seen by several visitors in my home, including my daughters and myself. He disliked my husband so much, when my husband was home from work, he would hide in the back of my closet and pout or so said the lady who helped me rid him. I contacted a psychic who explained to me, without knowing where the ghost hunt was held (an old Native American burial ground), who he was, why he was with me, and sent him "into the light." It was one of the most unbelievable things that ever happened to me. To this day, as the memory fades, I even wonder if it all really happened.
4. On cold mornings, I like to dress like a bag lady. At least that's how my husband and girls describe my outfits. I like to think of it as more of a "layered" look. We're talking yoga pants, socks (non-matching of course!), t-shirt, hoodie, scarf, leg warmers, and sometimes mittens.
5. One of my B.F.Fs' is a dog. No, not a two-timing scoundrel, but a four-padded canine. That's her to the right. I love her to pieces, EXCEPT when she steals my Burt's Bees lip balms and hides them in her bed. She like really, really loves me. Unconditionally. Not matter what. I heart Glen Ellen.
6. I lived on the island of Okinowa, Japan for a year when I got married twenty years ago. I also worked there as a bartender at a karaoke bar. Favorite song to sing was Fly Me to the Moon by Frank Sinatra / Candy. ;)
7. I'm a freak about The Vampire Diaries on CW. And I'm a Damon fan. Elaina must choose him or I will.
8. The first thing I ever wrote was a poem about my baby sister picking her toes, when I was nine.
So there y'all have it. Bits of me you never knew.
As for passing along the awesomeness, each of the following super-great bloggers will receive both awards. A few are established bloggers, they're blogs are either mucho creative and / or unique beyond words or I just adore them! Several of these bloggers are new to the blogging world, and I've enjoyed seeing them get started. Don't lose hope y'all; it gets easier!
Visit their blogs and make a new friend. :) Congrats to all of you, because you all deserve it!
Shirley over at
Writing in the Crosshairs
Meet Sammy the Squirrel
AnaKae Albach's World of Words
The Intrinsic Writer
Catherine Stine at
Juliana L. Brandt
Two other bloggers that already have the awards, but I felt like adding them anyways. :))
Cassie Mae at (Cassie is just that awesome, so I'm acknowledging her!)
Reading, Writing, and Lovin' it!
And how could I forget, the totally awesome Kelley. No, you don't have to do the thing again, I just wanted to acknowledge you and your blog! She's strolling down Bourbon St. as we speak.
Kelley & Between the Bookends